Would you like to direct global youth policies with the leaders of the future? You can be one of the four Turkish delegates who will represent Turkey at the Y20 Summit, which will take place in Indonesia between 7-24 July.
The Y20, which is one of the official opening groups of the G20 – which brings together world leaders each year – is meeting in Jakarta and Bandung, Indonesia, in July this year. The Youth Commission for Diplomacy and Collaboration (YCDC) have kickstarted the selection process that is held each year with the aim of determining four successful delegates to represent the Republic of Turkey at the Y20 Summit. This stage has officially started as of today (04.01.2022).
What is the Y20?
The Y20 (Youth-20) is an international youth platform that officially operates under the G20 (Group-20) Summit. The Y20 Summit is held with the aim of laying the groundwork for the discussion of international issues by young leaders selected from G20 member countries, making policy recommendations to country leaders on issues concerning the youth, developing intercultural understandings and creating a global network among these young people.
The delegation, which will represent Turkey at the most prestigious youth summit in the world, will conduct negotiations with delegates from other G20 countries, discuss proposals on youth policies and contribute to the communiqué prepared to be presented to world leaders at the end of the summit.
The priority areas determined for the Y20 Indonesia Summit are as follows:
- Youth Employment
- Digital Transformation
- Sustainable and Liveable Planet
- Diversity and Inclusion
Candidates are required to be:
- A citizen of the Republic of Turkey
- Be between 18-30 years of age during the summit
- Be fluent in English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Commit to participate as a delegate to the meetings that will take place before, during and after the summit
- Be confident in one of the four priority areas that have been determined by the Y20 hosting countries (listed above)
Please click for the application form.
Deadline for applications is 15 January 2022
Before applying, please review the issue note below, which includes the role of the Y20 initiative group, summit groups, discussion topics and summit calendar.
Applications for the Y20 Summit will be carried out as in previous years, as follows. If deemed necessary, additional documents and information may be requested from the candidates during the application period.
Our aim is to nominate 1 delegate for each Y20 Indonesia topic. For this reason, we recommend you to highlight at least one of the Y20 topics in your application form.
- Before the application forms are evaluated, information that may reveal the identity of the candidate, such as name, surname, and date of birth will be removed. The evaluation process will be carried out by assigning an application number to each candidate.
- Each section in the application form has an individual weight score. The evaluation committee will evaluate only the answers given during the pre-evaluation phase and give points.
- Evaluations will be made out of a total of 100 points and candidates will be ranked according to the points given to the answers they have provided.
- The highest scoring candidates will be invited to the second evaluation stage.
Video Conference Interview
- Candidates who are successful in the application form stage will be invited to an interview with the evaluation committee.
- The interview (which will be held online) will be conducted in both English and Turkish. Interviews will measure the candidate’s proficiency in Y20 subjects, English level and representation skills.
- At this stage, candidates will be evaluated according to various topics and scored according to their answers.
- Candidates who are successful in making it to this stage will be provided with detailed information prior to their interview.
- The ranking of candidates will be determined by summing up the evaluations made in this section and the scores obtained at the application form stage.
- 4 primary and 4 back-up delegates will be selected for the summit
For questions about the Y20 Summit and application process, please email chair[@]ycdc.org.tr.
The email address projectycdc[@]gmail.com will also be used in communications with applicants during the evaluation process.
You can accept the application form as the most important step that will bring you one step closer to the Y20 Summit! Therefore, before you begin your application, you can look here for the most common mistakes made.
Y20 Indonesia Summit Host Organization IYD Website: https://www.indonesianyouthdiplomacy.org